KGCSA Members Get Better Pricing on Workers’ Compensation Insurance with Our Managed Program
The endorsed KGCSA Workers’ Comp Program has been specifically designed for the needs of local grocery and convenience stores. In partnership with the Kentucky Retail Federation Self Insurers Fund and under management by CCMSI, this program is home-grown and locally administered with adjusters and claims personnel who live and work in Kentucky.
This self-insured program offers many specific benefits to KGCSA members in good standing:
- The program is designed specifically for the needs of grocers and convenience store owners.
- The program’s lower operating expenses and overhead mean greater savings for its members.
- The strict underwriting standards for acceptance into the program.
- Full-time loss control specialists inspect all participating members on a continuing basis at no charge to our insureds – safety makes insurance work.
- Aggressive claims management, ensuring that injured employee are contacted quickly and all questionable claims are investigated. Claims are managed by a Kentucky-based staff familiar with Kentucky workers’ comp legislation.
- The program is protected from catastrophic loss through reinsurance with an AM Best rated A excess insurance carrier.
- Coverage may be written at any time during the year, even if you are in the middle of your coverage year with your current insurer.
To be eligible for membership, your business must be a member of the KGCSA. In addition, your business must meet the established underwriting guidelines for the program. All applications are subject to approval by the program’s administrator and underwriter.
Premium payments of less than $1,500 require payment in full at the time of coverage. For premiums between $1,501 and $3,000, you may pay 25% down plus the state-required expense constant and your annual dues to the KGCSA; the balance will be billed in monthly installments. Balances may be paid by check or by authorized electronic transfers from your bank account on the first day of each month.
For more information, contact your Independent Insurance Agent or contact: